Advertisement

Venus and Mars conjuction

topic posted Wed, March 15, 2006 - 2:37 PM by  Alan
Share/Save/Bookmark
Noticed this tribe, got my interest because i have this aspect..tight 1'54 orb in pisces in 11th house.

Anything you'd like to ask about the combination? Tight conjuctions are usually partly subconsciouss so i cant really discriminate what is direct part of the conjuction and what not, but maybe if you help me with some well directed question we might find out something. Iam little obssesed with self-analysis so it'll be my pleasure :)
posted by:
Alan
Czech Republic
Advertisement
  • I have my Mars (5th house) and Venus (4th house) conjunct in pisces.
    My conjunction (5 degrees apart) isn't as tight as yours, but I did find this artical about Venus conjunct Mars. Never the less, it is one of the most intense conjunctions

"Astrology aspects - Venus conjunct Mars Your relationship with your parents will determine your attitudes towards the opposite sex and marriage for better or worse. Normally, this gives a harmonious blending of active and passive energies and makes you sensitive and loving unless both planets are under severe stress. Drive is generally expressed constructively. This aspect is an asset when it comes to relating to the public, and is said to give luck in financial matters.

This conjunction can vary dramatically from sign to sign, and tends to give you valuable insights into your earliest dealing with the opposite sex - including dealings with your opposite-sex parent, siblings, and peers.

You have very strong emotions. Because of their intensity, you find it hard to treat relationships lightly; everything, even the smallest gesture, has importance to you. This is true in almost all relationships; it's especially true when it comes to sex and romance. If there are problems in your love life, it could be beacuse you're being too pushy or coming on too strong.

This aspect stimulates affections in a way that causes you to want an all-consuming, 'forever' type of relationship; but, funnily enough, it also givesa flirtatious streak that continues even after you've entered into a satisfying relationship. I think that people with this aspect feel that it's especially important to remain desirable - not just to a mate or lover, but to the opposite sex in general.

As the conjunction is a uniting aspect, and Venus and Mars are the male and female principles, respectively, you might think, as I once did, that it's a portent of a lasting marriage. From my studies, I've learned that this isn't the case. While people with this aspect want a lasting relationship very badly, they suffer their fair share of squabbles and separations. There's a difference between this aspect and the square and opposition though, in that there seems to be greater reluctance to make the first break. Jealousy - sometimes justified, sometimes not - on one side or another seems to be the primary cause of discord.

If you have Venus and Mars in the same sign but not conjunct, the foregoing may apply to you. However, you'd be less pushy. "

Can you relate to any of this?
    • I relate strongly to the venus/mars conjunct. They are not actually conjunct in my chart, but I do have a stelum in Scorpio that may connect them...

I rarely initiate a romantic relationship, because when I do, I go overboard, and drowned the person with my intensity.... Recognizing this in myself has made me all the more cautious in love, creating a negative feedback loop that perpetuates my intense lonelinesses.....

Is there any kind of transit that might help me ease into love??
      • >>Is there any kind of transit that might help me ease into love?? <<

I don't know about easing, but it seems like transiting venus coming around every year (or eros) might help you slip on the banana peel of love.
  • I have venus conj. mars in ares in a grand fire trine and opposed to Pluto so that may color my response but....Im very intense in relationships, very affectionate, very loyal, and prefer my mates as battlemates. I have a fairly driven warrior style of living and conducting myself and honor is numero uno. Sex and love are fairly primordial experiences for me. Ive also always thought of this conj. as whenever one is activated to is the other. I also have my south node close to this conj. in the 11th house so I have always thought of myself as battle ready and have a tendancy to need the space to swing my sword around. If my lover is a liability;ie. needs too much of my attention, can't satnd up for themself and do, or fight back when the going gets tough it bodes ill for the relationship and I start to feel oppressed, as though I am going to have to lug there carcass around or Im living for the both of us. Guys tend to flip for me extremely fast, tell all there dark secrets nd name our children in the first few weeks, once I start to catch up with them they've become extremely intimidated by thier vulnerability. I am hoping to somehow curtail this the next time and take it slower (hard for a venus conj., mars in Ares) because people need a more well built container for such vulnerablity without feeling overwhelmed.
    I also tend to be fairly gender flexable and it has taken a long time for me to learn about being a 'girl'. When I meet people thier gender isn't on the top of the list as far as my awareness of them goes. I have very close male freinds and the fact that they have penis' is just an interesting variation on a theme. Perhaps this is due to the closeness of my most traditionally gendered planets?
    Anyway, my conjunction is tight too, I don't think they are even separated by a degree. I am curious about this unconcious thing.
  • I AM A DOUBLE GEMINI (SUN AND ASCENDANT) WITH VENUS AND MARS CONJUNCT CANCER IN THE 2ND HOUSE. HOWEVER, VENUS IS EXACTLY ON THE CUSP OF GEMINI / CANCER AT 00 DEGREES CANCER. (A TRIPLE GEMINI???)
    SO AT TIMES I FIND VENUS ATTRIBUTES ON THE TEETH OF THE SEASAW, TEETERING BACK AND FORTH. BUT YET OTHER TIMES, VENUS IS CLEARLY ONE OR THE OTHER!
  • Unsu...

I don't have venus and mars conjunct but they are both in the 5th house and there is a lot of reference to both planets in other areas of my chart. I Heard that a tight conjunction between these two planets is supposed to make you a sex symbol or highly attractive in some way. Is that true?
    • Unsu...

it definitely makes one very seductive; sometimes said to give "animal sexuality". Hitler had it, and managed to seduce a nation.
      • Unsu...

his Venus-Mars conjunction was very tight, at a less than one degree orb, both planets being in 16 degrees Taurus,in the 7th house, and both squaring his Saturn in Leo.

So it depends a lot on the rest of the chart if the person will become just a lover, or a lover of war and destruction.
  • P
    P
    offline 13
    heyy
    i have venus conjunct mars both in the 8th house ( as part of a stellium) and in virgo.
    The description is so true! I can't take my relationships lightly at all, and i do have bit of a jealous streak lol. Oh well... the only thing i didnt agree with was the pushiness, i'm actually never the one to make the first move ...ever. hah blame it on the virgo i guess.

** we have sex appeal ? you don't say ...;)

~*OceaneEyes*~
  • Once or several times in life EVERYBODY has some sort of venus Mars contact, even conjunction ( by direction ), the natal chart is nothing, direction is everything. It happens later, nothing happens at birth. I don;t kniow why do they study natal horoscope sat all?
    • Does anyone have any guesses as to what it might mean to have my venus and mars conjunct in Capricorn 5th house? On appearance, I do have a strong sex appeal and am physically attractive but would Capricorn make me give off a serious, ambitios but heartless vibe?
      • I do not have this venus-mars conjunction personally, But I knew 2 people , a man and a woman who were born 1 day apart and both had venus-mars conjunction in Aquarius,

The woman stole my second ex-husband,but when we met 15 years later and after he left her for yet another woman, I couldn't help, but look at her and think how sexy she was, BTW, she was flirtatious as this conjunction suggests even with me!

A man with conjunction was able to have multiple orgasms, never in my life did I know such thing is possible in men!
    • "the natal chart is nothing, direction is everything. It happens later, nothing happens at birth. I don;t kniow why do they study natal horoscope sat all?"

The natal chart describes the beginning. For a moment, let's forget we are talking about a person, and contemplate a journey. The journey begins the moment you take a single step in any direction. The quality of that journey is shaped by that first step. If I go one way, I may end up coming to roadblocks and have to backtrack. If I go another way I may find the bridge is out and have to take a detour. If I go another way I may find myself stumbling upon a treasure. "The voyage of a 1000 miles begins with the first step."

If I do a chart for that first step, it will describe in great detail an overview of my journey, including whether I make wise or stupid choices along the way. Progressions will show the unfolding of my journey. But only the chart for the first step will show the direction i was going to go. Transits may show events that occur to me during the journey, but only the chart for the first step will show how I will react to these transits.

The natal chart is the chart of that first step, or first breath. Everything is built upon that, and no progression or transit can bring about anything that was not promised at birth in some way.

Think about an acorn and a pinetree seed. No matter what you do, the pinetree seed will never grow into an oak, and the acorn will never become an evergreen pine. The conditions of the earth, the weather, etc when each bursts forth from the seed will shape how fast they grow, how huge, but neither will become the other species.

And my birthchart is my celestial dna, so to speak. My progressions show the unfolding of the birthchart, but if one does not know who one IS, then one will never be able to understand the evolving that progressions speak of, nor learn how to to make the best use of the transits when they arrive.
      • Zane,

I've never heard it described better. That helped me tons. Thank you.

I have Venus conj Mars (Venus is higher) by 6 degrees in Aries 10/11. I can see some of me in the above description of the aspect. But not so much. Pluto in Libra opposes both, so maybe that has something to do with it. I have a strong desire and push towards my Venus in 10th/11th House properties, I will say. For example, I have hang ups about getting sufficient amounts of public attention (Venus 10th) and being in the top percentage of whatever group or community organizations I am in (Mars 11th?) to the point that it's an unconscious desire. Strangely enough, Venus conj Mars in 10th does not make me desire wealth but moreso financial contentment (as well as physical and emotional). I can only guess this is because both my Sun and Moon are ruled by Venus and Venus just wants to be satisfied.
  • Yep, I have the conjunction of Mars and Venus in LEO in the 8th House. Basically, after taking a look at my aspects, I'm in endless pursuit of a soul mate, but to me, it's unachievable (as of right now, anyway). I'm a VERY passionate and fiery type of lover and pretty sexy I'd say :)....

Now don't you HATE it when you pour your heart out to somebody, but it gets taken the wrong way, it's unappreciated, or you scare away people because of your hot fiery love? That's the BIGGEST downside to Venus conjunct Mars, both in Leo.....and it pisses me off!!!!! I get so angry at people who reject my pure unconditional love, even if they did nothing wrong to me.

It's a total whirlwind of passion with me........AND check this out....this venus/mars conjunction is involved in TWO grand trines and TWO kites in my chart......Venus and Mars both are trine to Neptune (in Sag.) and my moon in Aries.

Is this the making of a successful actor? The penultimate Academy Award winner?

I'm currently getting to work on that :)
    • Unsu...

Another thing about libra venus/mars conjunction, is that it makes me attractive, in a raw, sensual way... I work at a bar, and am hit on constantly. Personally, I don't really like all the attention, I'm a virgo. So, it's weird... I always have options, and guys vying for my attention, but I feel lonely and unsatisfied... Oh, and that part is my stubborn taurus moon. *sigh*
  • I have this conjunction sandwiching my sun in the tenth. As a very young child I'd yo-yo between wanting to be girly and wanting to be a tomboy. Now I'm pretty integrated.

Gender roles and stereotypes annoy me and I instantly dislike people who embody them.

There is nothing more attractive to me than someone balanced in male/female traits (perhaps my Pluto in Libra opposition talking).
  • I have Venus3degres and Mars4degres in Aries ...there many things 2 say bout this aspect but the1. is that the person you love always gets u int he mood for XXX. 2.this aspect makes you more affectionate and loyal to your partner ...however we must look at the sign that is in...
    • "I have Venus3degres and Mars4degres in Aries ...there many things 2 say bout this aspect but the1. is that the person you love always gets u int he mood for XXX. 2.this aspect makes you more affectionate and loyal to your partner ...however we must look at the sign that is in"

That is so true. I have a venus/mars conjunction in Scorpio 7th house.

And my relationships have always been intense.
      When I am in love, I am very affectionate (not smothering/all on them)
      but very considerate of that person's needs mentally, emotionally, physically.
      And very loyal as a friend and as a lover.
      I absorbe that person like a sponge and have had wonderful/ profound/ transformational love.
      And being in love can make me *highly sexual* with my lover...and crave them with deep passion.

But outside of love, I have no interest in casual sex.

As such, my relationships have been long term and few...
      This placement has also made me very slow to commit
      as well as being very selective in a partner.
      Because I know that once I fall in love, there is no middle ground for me.
      I am either 110% or not at all.
  • Unsu...

Hi Anan,

if self Analysis is your thing and you like astrology.. check this blog...

wantastro.blogspot.com/2013/1...in.html

You may like it.. for the Venus and Mars conjunction..

When Venus and Mars sits together it always make a person very intense sensuality ,sexual passion, passionate and someone who is dynamic in their approach in love and relationships.